What is Periodontal Disease?
Gum disease, or periodontal disease, is an inflammatory condition that affects the gum tissue in your mouth. Periodontal disease affects over 80% of Americans, and is the leading cause of tooth loss in adults.
Some symptoms of periodontal disease can include:
- Gums that appear swollen or red
- Gums that bleed easily when you brush or floss your teeth
- Gum sensitivity
- Bad breath
- Pus between the gum line
- Gums that appear to be receding
Periodontal disease is a condition that has been linked to other serious health problems and dental issues. If you or someone you love is suffering from periodontal disease, you may want to come into our office for diagnosis and treatment.
Periodontal disease is completely treatable, and at our office, we will work with you to help you achieve top quality gum health. We offer treatment for every stage of periodontal disease, and can decrease your risk. At our practice, Dr. Amit Patel is our periodontal specialist. Every case of periodontal disease is a little bit different, and different stages of the disease require specific treatments. If you require gum disease treatment, he will meet with you personally to develop a treatment plan that will best meet your unique needs.
The Benefits of Periodontal Treatment
- Periodontal treatment improves the health of your gums and will leave your mouth feeling clean and fresh.
- Our periodontal treatment is performed by an experienced specialist who will work with you personally to diagnose and treat your gum disease.
- Periodontal disease will relieve your symptoms and lower your risk of tooth loss and serious health problems.
To find out more about periodontal treatment, call us at our office today.